Monday, July 27, 2009

Screencasting - My New Favorite Thing

A friend of mine @ school introduced me to Jing, a simple tool that allows you to capture your screen while narrating what's happening. In my opinion, it's the best thing to happen to classroom "directions" in a long time. In working with other teachers in online classes this summer, one person said that they left their lesson on how to do a math proof on Jing when she was going to be out of the classroom. Her thought was that usually, the substitute doesn't have the background to handle the typical geometry lesson plan so why not leave something for students so they don't have to lose a day of instruction. Here is an example of one of the screen casts I made for a class I was teaching this summer and I am looking forward to creating more for my students this school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment