Monday, July 27, 2009

Today's Blugget

Bluggets are nuggets of awesomeness found while culling through the web. Today, while I was looking for directions on how to embed a Jing video into my blogger posts, I found a great blog called, appropriately enough, The Edublogger. The article I found was about how often to post to your blog. Apparently, I've already broken one of the cardinal rules - don't try to catch up. I am a fits and spurts kind of learner and blogger, I guess. I don't write anything for forever and then, out of a sense of guilt/impending deadlines, I post several lengthy pieces in one day. NOT a good idea, according to Sue Waters. Well, I almost feel a sense of relief to know that in blogging, quality reigns supreme over quantity. With RSS, Sue points out that most people are watching so many blogs they won't notice if you don't post regularly. The main thing is that when they do read your posts that they offer something of value to the subscriber.

1 comment:

  1. Glad my post helped you! It really is a case of quality unless you are an Edublogger who has built their readership based on lots of post per day.

    If you look at my blog I'm the clasic slow blogger but when I do write one of my longer, more researched posts it generally does well.

    Best of luck with your blogging!

    ReplyDelete