Thursday, July 14, 2011

Review: Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns


Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World LearnsDisrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns by Clayton M. Christensen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I may have read this before - oh well - great ideas and deserves a second look after more grad classes. This was an interesting exploration of innovation in schools. I'm not sure I agreed with all of the business model solutions offered by the author but I do believe there is plenty of room for innovation in schools to improve student learning and that the only way we will be able to explore some of these options is by "disrupting" some of the traditional constraints that we take for granted as the "way of doing business". This is a great book to challenge the thinking of those of us who have been in the education game for a while and have forgotten that nothing should be assumed or taken for granted if one sees an opportunity for change.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment